We all know veggies are good for us! They’re packed with nutrients that will keep your body working optimally to prevent illness, lose weight and feel great. Here are some quick tips to get more of them in your day:
Include them at breakfast
- Try scrambled eggs with sautéed veggies instead of toast or white potatoes.
- Eat a salad for breakfast? And why not?
- Throw some spinach into your morning smoothie.
- Add pumpkin or butternut squash puree to your waffle mix – or even shredded zucchini.
Eat More Colorful Salads
Be creative and mix it up – add some color.
- To a dark green leafy salad:
- Day 1 add shredded carrots, shredded jicama, scallions and asian dressing
- Day 2 add tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and lemon vinaigrette
- Day 3 add julienne red bell pepper and julienne radish with balsamic vinaigrette
You get the idea…
Replace non-veggies with veggies.
- Replace pasta with “spaghetti” squash or zucchini “spaghetti”.
- Replace some of the cheese in your mac-n-cheese recipe with pureed butternut squash.
- Replace your lasagna noodles with thinly sliced zucchini or make cauliflower “noodles”. Or try just layering zucchini strips for the noodle replacement.
Change out the bread
- Have you tried making pizza at home? Try cauliflower pizza crust – it’s crazy good!
- Make grilled cheese – where cauliflower takes the place of the bread.
- Here’s an awesome “bread” recipe. You can make all sorts of sandwiches with this.
- Wrap your burger with lettuce or make your buns out of grilled portabello mushrooms.
Snack on your veggies to your hearts content
- Instead of chips, cookies or crackers, try…
- Hummus and veggie slices (bell pepper, cucumber, carrots)
- Hard boiled egg and fresh salsa
- Celery and peanut butter
What are some of your ideas to get more veggies in your day? We’d love to hear from you.
Connect with us on our social media channels or leave a comment below:
Be blessed in whole health!